Maybe you’ve never known the love of your earthly father. Maybe he was missing from your life. Maybe you have the best Dad in the world and have tons of memories of a good childhood with him. We all have a story, a past. But one of the things that we all have in common is that we have a Father in heaven who not only loves us right now where we are, but He loves us completely and fully. His love is greater than any earthly father could show.
He sees the you He created from the foundation of the world. He sees the you that you can’t even see right now. He can never love you less. He can never love you more. When you receive the gift of salvation, you are adopted into His family with all of the rights a biological child would have. He can never un-adopt you. You’re His!
Ephesians 1:5 (NLT) says this: God decided in advance to adopt us into his own family by bringing us to himself through Jesus Christ. This is what he wanted to do, and it gave him great pleasure.
He. Loves. You. Isn’t that amazing?!?!?! There are lots of other amazing things about God’s love for you . . .
- Did you know that He knew you before you were ever created? (Jeremiah 1:5)
- Did you know that He knows how many hairs are on your head at any given time? (Matthew 10:30)
- Did you know that He has a purpose and plan for your life, even if you have no clue what that is right now? (Jeremiah 29:11)
- Did you know that He sent His only Son – His only child – to die so that you could live forever and ever with Him in heaven? (John 3:16)
- Did you know He knows your name? He carved it in the palm of His hand. (Isaiah 49:16)
- Did you know that He longs to be in relationship with you – a loving, intimate relationship where you both communicate and enjoy each other’s company? (Revelation 3:20)
Here at New Day we will be sharing about the Father’s love, a lot. To fully know and understand the depths of His love for us is key to unlocking all of the hidden places, the wounded places, the secret places in our hearts where we try to keep Him out. His love comes in, fills us up to overflowing and pushes all of the dark, all of the bad, all of the ick out of our lives. We learn to simply rest in Him, with the posture that we are fully accepted, fully loved and fully changed by His unconditional love for us. He changes us from the inside out.
It’s beautiful, really. What an amazing Papa we have. And if you don’t know Him, if you haven’t experienced His love in that way, YOU CAN!!!!! He wants to be your everything – your strength, your comfort, your peace, your joy, your father, your friend, EVERYTHING!
He’s a good Father.
A really, good Father.
You should check Him out. ?
Until next time,